User rights and groups
User rights and groups
Read and query the Bible
Any visitor to JesusWiki.org, including anonymous users, is able:
- To read everything
- To use search and query forms
- To browse content by topics, tags, namespaces, etc.
To avoid unnecessary load, the number of bible versions to explore may be reduced to the default ones or extended by users:
For guests (anonymous visitors)
Note: By default there is only one bible version enabled and it is King James Version. Its verses and links will be presented by default in:
For registered users
Note: Once logged-in, the registered user is able to select the preferred bible versions on their personal page. If no version preferences were set, the following rule applies:
- for those who have set wiki language to zh (Chinese), the CUV (Chinese Union Version (Traditional)) will be used by default;
- for all other languages the KJV (King James Version) continues being default one.
Note: Nevertheless, while navigating anonymously or under your account, you still be able to choose any of available versionsKing James Version
Chinese Union Version (Traditional) in query forms.
Note: The search form in the upper right corner will always return results from all bible versions. For better search precision, please, use extended search syntax.
Commenting does not require a JesusWiki account as well. The commenting service is provided by Disqus and comments may be posted under Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google account. Please, find some useful links here.
Everybody is encouraged to create account using Create account link in the upper right corner. You are to set login, password, email and real name, and to answer a simple capture question to prove you are a human. Account creation is needed if you want to modify this wiki content:
- Give likes
- Make bookmarks
- Refer verses
- Compare the same verse in all available bibles
- Mark favourite verses
- Save your own verses collections
- Rate collections created by others
or if you want to be aware of changes made by others on your pages of interest:
- Watch pages
Registered users are able get even more focus by selecting bible versions that will be used by default.
To get all the rights assigned to your account you must login. Just enter your credentials. Sometimes, when your session has expired, you will be asked to login again if your action requires edit rights.
There are some options that may be set up for your account on preferences page available after login. The most important are:
- Language. Select any language you want for wiki interface. This setting doesn't affect the language of pages' content — verses and user remarks will appear in the language they were created with.
- Email. Without confirmed email address all mail features will be deactivated for your account. You are advised to set an email address here and then to ask for confirmation code. Once confirmed your email, you will be able to receive notifications from the system according to your preferences.
- Watchlist. Your watchlist is a display for tracking changes, limited to showing changes only across your set of "watched" pages. You can see your watchlist by following the "Watchlist" link in your account menu. It has a few settings you may want to adjust on your preferences page. According to the relevant preferences, changes to pages you watch may also be notified to you by email. The main preference for this is "Email me when a page or a file on my watchlist is changed". After receiving an email notification for a page, you have to visit the page while logged in if you want to be notified of further changes to the same page.
For other settings just keep to default settings, change them when you understand what are you doing.
Grow up with the community
There is a special group of experienced users that are allowed:
- To start new topics
- To save collections of verses under the topic root
- To moderate content provided by regular users
- To modify pages in semi-protected namespaces, like Bible namespace, where all the verses are stored.
- To invite other users with proven quality edits history to join the group
While not in the group, users are allowed:
- To request addition of new topics
- To save collections of verses under their personal root page
Common rights listed in Create account section, will apply to any logged-in user in any group.